Do you recall the first time you saw a “in a parallel universe” meme on social media? It was hilarious and at the same time frustrating. However, the thing is now a reality with the rising popularity of VR ecosystems. A lot of people believe VR is only for games and requires a large technological investment to enjoy the experience. This is not true. It is a powerful tool to engage with people and create memorable experiences. As marketing is all about creating experiences, VR Marketing has become a matter of interest for digital marketers around the globe.
VR marketing, refers to the use of virtual reality technology as a tool for promoting products, services, or brands. It involves creating immersive and interactive virtual experiences that allow customers to engage with a company’s offerings in a virtual environment
Creating a VR Marketing ecosystem is a tedious task. But with clear cut vision and guide, you can make it really worth the money and time you invest in.
VR Marketing Tips & Tricks
1. Setting Realistic goals
- Denis Waitlem once said When you visualise then you materialise. The statement is true because nobody has achieved anything wihout a clear vision. So as the first step clearly define your objectives to guide your VR Marketing strategy. It can be increasing brand awareness, generating leads, driving sales, or providing a unique experience.
- Let us clearly put it out with a real life example. By using Google Cardboard initiative, Volvo initiated a virtual test drive called Weekend Escape with 360-degree landscapes. Volvo clearly stipulated their close ie by making test drives accessible for all customers with ease.
Protip: Close the distance between experience and action
2. Know Your Customer KYC
- Customer is always the king and will remain the same as long as supply and demand exists in the economy. You are not a good marketer if you does not learn your customers needs, feelings and emotions. It is necessary to know what your customer wants to see, feel, think, touch, learn, and discover. So identify your target audience preferences. demographics, interests, and behaviours. create VR experiences that resonate with them.
For instance. Thomas Cook is a travel agency based in the United Kingdom. The company designed a campaign called fly before you fly. It enabled travel agents to experience specific trips in order to promote them to clients better. The campaign was a guge success and grabbed eyes of tourists worldwide.
3. Choose the right VR Marketing platform
- One cannot experience the best of virtual reality if it is not optimsed for differerent devices. There are plenty of VR headset options available in the market ranging from the cheapest ones to the premium high quality expensive ones like Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. These all deliver a different VR experience. So it is better to optimise your content with all kinds of these VR platforms.
4. Create compelling content
- It is scientifically proven that people will subconsciously generate a brand image depending on how you made them feel. So it should be something that adds value to a user’s experience. So if you are deivering a subtle experience then your efforts will counterfire. So pay attention to the detail and unique value of your VR content. Ensure that the visuals, audio, and overall experience are of high quality.
You can check out these examples to grab audience hearts.
- Storytelling: Develop a narrative or storyline that immerses users in the VR experience and connects with your brand message.
- Interactivity: Incorporate interactive elements that allow users to engage with the VR environment, providing a sense of agency and control. It can be like allowing customers to ‘try on’ your product. game that unlocks a coupon code or a VR walkthrough of your factory floor.
- Emotional impact: Evoke emotions such as awe, excitement, or curiosity, as emotional experiences tend to leave a lasting impression. form meaningful memories. designing an immersive experience.
Protip: Keep it simple, elegant and classy
5. Integrate with other marketing channels
- Identify the most effective channels to distribute your VR experience. Consider leveraging existing VR platforms, app stores, social media channels, or hosting VR events to maximize its impact. Use VR for brochures and business cards to reach an entirely new level. Consumers can use their mobile devices for scanning printed materials.
- For Example, home improvement store ikea VR initiative allows consumers to see exactly how their home would appear after completing home improvements. edetermine fit, feel and appearance.
Protip: Use social media to promote your VR experience, create teaser videos or interactive demos, and encourage user-generated content.
6. Measure and optimize
- Track and measure the performance of your VR Marketing campaign. Metrics such as engagement, reach, conversion rates, and feedback from users. Use this data to refine and optimize your VR experiences for better results.
- Jack Ma once said learn from the mistakes of others. By doing so, you will save a lifetime and a fortune. In the long term, your business will end up on the top.
7. Think Out of the box
- Being digital has no boundaries. Once we fall into this digital universe, there is no turning back. In addition to that, nothing is permanent in this fast pacing world. Computers, mobile phones and even AI can be replaced with something better.
- Similarly VR technology is constantly evolving, so stay up to date with the latest advancements. Keep in mind that people not wanting to be advertised at and sold to. To keep your business on the track, you should be aware about the upcoming trends in VR Marketing. Keep experimenting with new ideas, technologies, and VR experiences to stay ahead of the line and maintain your audience’s interest. So it is better to stay updated and keep ready for any challenge coming on your way.
By using VR technology, you can enhance the experience you are offering consumers to increase both your sales and opportunities. You can give consumers the opportunity to try your service or products before they make a purchase through the increasingly popular augmented shopping experience. Overall, VR elevates marketing campaigns from virtual concepts to immersive realities.
Remember, effective VR Marketing goes beyond novelty. It should align with your overall marketing strategy, offer value to your audience, and create a lasting impression that drives your desired outcomes. As the popularity continues to increase, more and more businesses will be offering a VR and AR experience.
If you start using VR as a marketing tool now, you gain the advantage of innovating and testing new tactics before the world of VR explodes. Once VR becomes common, you will be one of the leaders in your field.