Everything you need to know about google adwords certification
Are you a digital marketing professional holding an immense expertise in managing Google advertising campaigns? Then obtaining AdWords certification comes into play. It is a professional accreditation rendered by Google to individuals who exhibit mastery in basic and advanced concepts of Google Ads. This certification enables individuals to demonstrate themselves to the outside world as a Google recognized expert in online advertising. Google Adwords certification yields a ton of benefits in the competitive online marketing world and also strengthens the popularity and credibility.
In this article let’s have a look at the benefits of getting Google AdWords certification, Google AdWords certification assessments, and how to stay certified.
How To Begin?
Initially, you have to determine the right Google account to showcase your certification publicly. You can either choose your personal email address or work email address. On choosing your account and logging into it, go to http://google.com/partners. You need to go to “Join Google Partners” and click on “Join Now” button. Now you are entitled to the Google Partners Program officially. Next, you need to complete your profile, if Google did not have a few specific details in your account. Here, you have an option to search for your company in the directory and request for an affiliation with it by submitting an affiliation request. In this case, your company’s Google Partner account administrator need to verify it, in order to make it official.
Google’s Online Training Program
Google offers an online training program under the name “Academy for Ads”. It covers concepts on all types of Google ads and digital strategy best practices. If you are new to AdWords, you need to spend at least four hours to go through the video and written content. You can also attempt the sample exam available in each module. Even if you have experience in managing Ad campaigns, you can still attempt for the sample exam to understand the scope of questions. Make sure that you don’t skip the training program unless you have moderate experience in AdWords and previously certified.
Google AdWords Certification Exams
The Google AdWords Certification Exams evaluates proficiency in basic and advanced Google advertising concepts. This assessment includes the proficiency in setting the value proposition for online advertising, campaign setup, campaign management, campaign measurement, and campaign optimization.
You are required to pass two exams to get an AdWords certification. You need to go through the “Google Ads Fundamentals” exam successfully and any one of the following specialty exams namely “Search Advertising”, “Display Advertising”, “Mobile Advertising”, “Video Advertising”, “Shopping Advertising”.
Google Ads Fundamentals Exam
The Google Ads Fundamentals exam covers basic and intermediate concepts. The questions are aimed to evaluate the proficiency in understanding the advantages of online advertising and Google Ads, best practices for managing Google Ads campaigns, optimizing Google Ads campaigns.
Search Advertising exam covers basic and advanced concepts. The questions are aimed to evaluate the proficiency in generating, administering, evaluating, and optimizing search ad campaigns across the Search Network.
Display Advertising exam covers advanced concepts. The questions are aimed to evaluate the proficiency in creating, managing, measuring, and optimizing Display campaigns.
Mobile Advertising exam covers basic and advanced concepts. The questions are aimed to evaluate the proficiency in mobile advertising, bidding and targeting, ad formats, campaign measurement, and optimization.
Video Advertising exam covers basic and advanced concepts. The questions are aimed to evaluate the proficiency in generating, managing, measuring, and optimizing video advertising campaigns across YouTube and the web.
Shopping Advertising exam covers basic and advanced concepts. The questions are aimed to evaluate the proficiency in Merchant center account creation, product data feeds and creating and managing shopping campaigns.
Few Specifications Of Google AdWords Certification Exam.
- If you or your company focuses on a specific advertising, it is enough to acquire accreditation in the particular functionality.
- If you focus on all the advertising functionalities you should get them all.
- All the exam consists of up to 100 questions and it takes around 100 to 120 minutes to complete an exam.
- The passing score for each exam is 80% or above.
- Google Ads certification exam is available in 19 languages, so you are free to take the exam in your desired language.
- Your Google Ads Certification remain valid for a period of 1 year. On expiring, you are required to retake the fundamental and specialty exam.
- You are entitled to mention your certification on your resume, business cards, LinkedIn profile, and other social media profiles.
Google Partner Badge
Once your company joins the Google Partners program, it is qualified for Google Partner status. Your company can earn two partner badges namely “Google Partner” and “Premier Google Partner”. Acquiring these badges gives your company a renowned status and expertise in AdWords skills.
- A company is entitled to acquiring Google Partner badge if it accomplishes the following
- Enroll at least one certified affiliated person in Google Ads product area to acquire Google Partner badge
- Enroll at least two certified affiliated people in Google Ads product area to acquire Premier Google Partner badge
- Exhibit increased product performance and expertise in that product area you specialized
- Have a minimum of $10,000 spend for Google Ads in 90 days in their certified product area
Why Should You Acquire A Google AdWords Certification?
Google AdWords Certification is the only reputable measure proposed by Google to evaluate the advertising competency and let’s explore why should a digital marketer or a digital marketing agency acquire a Google AdWords Certification.
- You are entitled to mention your certification on your resume, business cards, LinkedIn profile, and other social media profiles and this earns you a recognition in the digital marketing industry.
- Obtaining a certified mastery in Google AdWords, you can remain in front of the competitors with exceptional credibility and popularity.
- New business opportunities come on your way as the professional identity yield customer trust.
To conclude, even though Google AdWords certification is a tedious exam and have to be taken every year, on successful completion, it lands you up in the realm of opportunities which boosts your career growth and you could channelize the Google advertising campaigns of your clients more effectively than before.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest